Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Cherry Pie with Lattice Top

This is was my first attempt at making pie- ever. Of course, I had to make the crust from scratch. I had heard horror stories about the finicky nature of pie crust, so I set off on this adventure with trepidations (to say the least). However, I was pleasantly surprised and quite satisfied with the final end result. Here is the recipe I used for the pie crust:

Ingredients

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup shortening
1/2 cup water

Directions

In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in water until mixture forms a ball. Divide dough in half, and shape into balls. Wrap in plastic, and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.

Roll out dough on a floured counter. Don't over work it. Use half for the bottom and the other half for the lattice top.I did use ready cherry pie filling but I wanted to take it one step at a time with the "first ever" accomplishments. :)

I admit, it went pretty straight forward, and even the lattice top was not as complicated as I thought it would be. And it sure looked beautiful, especially for a first try. :)


Courtesy:
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/best-ever-pie-crust/detail.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print recipe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...