Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Butter Pecan Meltaways

These Butter Pecan Meltaways are my favorite cookies hands down! My Mom and most of my friends love these too. I always double and triple my recipe because one batch usually isn't enough. :)

Ingredients:
1/2 lb butter (i.e. 1 cup/ or 2 sticks), room temperature
2 cups flour
2 to 2 1/2 cups finely chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts, almonds or filberts)
6 tblsps powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 tblsp water
1/2 tsp salt
powdered sugar for coating


Directions:
Cream butter and sugar. Add vanilla and water. Beat in flour and salt. Add nuts and mix thoroughly. Roll into small (about 1 inch) balls- I use my small ice cream scoop for that purpose- it works like a charm!

Bake at 350F for about 15-20 minutes (bottoms should be golden brown). When they come out of the oven, roll in powdered sugar. They literally melt in your mouth! Mmmmm... :)


Special thanks for this awesome recipe to my dear friend Nancy Pietz who graciously gave it to me quite a few years ago. I have been baking these delicious cookies every Christmas (and in between) ever since!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print recipe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...