These one hour dinner rolls were a pleasant surprise! I found them on Pinterest and thought why not make them, they only take an hour! :) Indeed, they were easy, quick and delicious. The only change I would make next time is use a little less sugar but other than that they were super fluffy and really yummy!
- 1 c. warm water
- 1/4 c. sugar (I will use 1/8 cup next time)
- 1/3 c. oil
- 2 Tbsp. yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 1/3 c. flour
- 1 egg yolk, for glaze (optional)
- In a kitchenaid mixer bowl, mix together warm water, sugar, oil, and yeast. Let stand for 15 minutes until yeast mixture is bubbly.
- Stir in salt and beaten egg to yeast mixture.
- Gradually add flour. Dough will be kind of sticky, but add enough flour until it's manageable. Let dough rest in the kitchenaid bowl for 10 minutes.
- Spray hands with non-stick cooking spray and form dough into balls. Place balls so they don't touch on a cookie sheet (18" x 26" pan). Let rise for 20 minutes (or longer, if you have the time). Or you can stick them in the fridge to slowly rise and you can bake them when you're ready later in the day.
- Brush with egg yolk just before popping them in the oven. Or, brush with melted butter after they are baked.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 10-12 minutes.