Sunday, February 12, 2012

No-Bake Chocolate, Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Cookies

I recently stumbled upon a no-bake cookie recipe that sounded too enticing not to try... I made them once. My 7-year-old daughter helped me. Between home and work, the cookies were gone in literally one day! I was also asked for the recipe right away. A couple of days later, while I was at work, my daughter made these cookies again- this time all on her own- they are that easy to make! No kidding. The only thing I changed from the original recipe was to reduce the sugar from 2 cups to 1 1/2 cups. I just thought the 2 cups made the cookies too sweet for my taste (though my kids definitely didn't mind!).

Ingredients: 

½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
½ cup milk, I use 2%
4 tablespoons cocoa powder
½ cup peanut butter, I generally only have crunchy
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups quick-cooking oats

Directions:

1. Add the first four ingredients (through the cocoa powder) to a medium-size saucepan.
2. Bring to a rolling boil and let boil for exactly 1 minute.
3. Remove from heat.
4. Stir in the peanut butter and vanilla until smooth, then stir in the oats.
5. Using an ice-cream scoop, drop onto wax paper-lined baking sheets.
6. Let cool until set.

Yields about 3 dozen cookies ( depending on your scoop size of course :)

Enjoy!!!

They are truly delicious! And nobody will believe that it took you only 10 minutes to prepare them! :)

Thanks for this recipe go to:  http://www.browneyedbaker.com/2009/06/30/no-bake-chocolate-peanut-butter-oatmeal-cookies/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print recipe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...