Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Very berry vanilla cake

Last night, I baked a cake for my daughter's 1st grade teacher, since it is teacher appreciation week. Anna loves Mrs. Lugones, so she requested a cake that is as special as the bond the two of them share. She chose vanilla berry "poke" cake. It was an 8-inch two-layer vanilla cake "poked" with raspeberry jell-o, filled with my homemade blueberry/strawberry jam, and frosted with a strawberry buttercream.
The recipe for the vanilla cake is the same one I have been using for a while now- my favorite! You can get it by clicking here. 

 
I decorated the cake all very girly-girl- just like my little Anna- with lots of pink roses and drop flowers. :)


Anna wanted to write "To the best teacher- Mrs. Lugones. Love, Anna". So, that's what we did. A lot yummier than a simple thank-you card. :)


The side of the cake had little drop flowers. The bottom had a "shell" border, again in pink, with lots of green leaves throughout.


The border was made of roses with little pearls and green leaves.

Not surprisingly, after all this, Anna's teacher was tickled "pink" :))))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print recipe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...