Sunday, May 26, 2013

Dark Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting


 

My, oh my! This frosting totally blew me away! Let's say, despite the "warnings" about its deliciousness on the site I discovered it, I was just not prepared for this. No, I wasn't.

It was creamy, it was luscious, it was velvety, it was rich, it was light, it was DIVINE! An what a great combo with the dark chocolate cupcakes I piped it on! Wow!

For the love of all things chocolate, do give this frosting a try! It will not disappoint you!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3-4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
1-2 tsp vanilla
1-3 tbsp milk or half-n-half or cream :)


Directions: 
Cream the butter and cream cheese with a mixer.
Add the cocoa and vanilla.
Add the confectioner’s sugar in small batches and blend on low until combined. Scrape down sides with each addition.
Add 1 tablespoon of milk at a time until you get the consistency you desire.
Frost your cake or cupcakes. (I actually filled mine with it too, for a a little extra awesomeness. :)) Enjoy! :) 


Recipe courtesy goes to: http://theshakybaker.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print recipe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...