Thursday, September 27, 2012

Four-ingredient no-bake cheesecake

I realize I have been taking quite a few shortcuts in baking lately. I guess it's no coincidence that this is happening during the month of September, i.e. the beginning of the school year. :) I guess once the initial shock and madness of school go into "normal" mode, I may plunge again into more involved, from-scratch recipes. For now, this no-bake, four-ingredient only cheesecake is perfect! And I have to say, you could really fool quite a few people with this awesome recipe! It is a snap to put together, but the results are nothing short of decadent! I only wish I'd found this recipe early on in the summer because it would be the perfect no-bake dessert to make and take to any get together!


Four-ingredient no-bake cheesecake

Ingredients
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
1 (8-ounce) tub of cool whip (I like to use the Lite Cool Whip, for fewer calories)
1 (8 ounce) package of cream cheese, at room temperature (again, I prefer using the 1/3 less calories)
1/3 cup of lemon or lime juice

1 ready graham crust, if using

Directions
Combine the first three ingredients in the work bowl of your stand or hand mixer. On low speed, blend well for about 2 minutes, until smooth and creamy. Add the lemon or lime juice and blend until just incorporated. Immediately pour mixture into a waiting graham crust or for those who can't have the gluten, in muffin cups. Refrigerate for an hour to and hour and a half and viola- creamy, luscious, velvety deliciousness! I served mine with cherry pie filling on top but you could do fresh fruit- strawberries will be awesome, or just about anything you like! My daughter decided that we should add some of the lemon zest on top too, which I let her do herself. :) She loves using our citrus zester! :)


Recipe courtesy: http://kaiyan717.hubpages.com/hub/Best-4-ingredient-cheesecake

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print recipe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...