Thursday, September 13, 2012

Peachy keen bars

We have been picking fresh peaches from our local farm for more than a month now and before the picking season was over, I decided it was about time I baked some peach desserts. :) I love peaches and nothing can compare to the taste of a freshly picked one right off the tree!

The first peach dessert I chose to make is a cross between cheesecake and peach crumble bars. It is very easy to make because it uses a shortcut- a box of dry cake mix. Since my days have been somewhat crazy with the beginning of the school year, I figured I could definitely use a shortcut this time around. :)



The dessert, while it didn't totally wow me, was a pretty big hit with my co-workers. In fact, I was asked for the recipe. So, here it is:
 
Ingredients
1 package dry cake mix- white, yellow or french vanilla
1/3 cup butter, room temperature
2 eggs, divided
4 cups diced peeled peaches, about 4-5 peaches (or 29oz can light peach slices, drained)
8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13” pan with nonstick cooking spray. 
In a large bowl combine cake mix, butter and 1 egg; mix with fork just until crumbly.
Set aside 1 ½ cups crumbs for topping. Press the remaining crumbs on bottom of prepared pan; Bake 10 minutes. 
Spoon diced peaches onto partially-baked crust. 
In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, 1 egg and vanilla extract; beat with mixer until creamy.
Spread over peaches. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
Bake 30 minutes.
Chill at least 30 minutes before serving. Store leftovers in refrigerator.

Adapted from: www.justapinch.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print recipe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...